Marla Vista Memory Care
Welcome to Marla Vista Memory Care!
Marla Vista Memory Care is a secure community compassionately caring for individuals with late-stage dementias and Alzheimer's Disease. The building structure is designed to assist with behaviors associated with memory impairment. Such as a fear of sleeping alone. Every two apartments have an adjoining bathroom between them so residents who sleep better with others can leave the doors open and not feel alone. Other apartments offer private bathrooms for those with special needs or who are not as advanced in their dementia.
The use of the color "green" is found throughout the community. Green is associated with a feeling of peace and serenity and promotes memory and appetite (ever wonder why chalk boards were always green?).
A new hallway and sunroom were added in June, 2010 to create "no dead ends." The community is circular so residents can walk, and walk and walk!! The circular structure will enclose a large, central yard and patio....allowing residents to go outside unaccompanied whenever they wish (weather permitting!).
The emphasis at Marla Vista Memory Care is on routine and familiarity. Those with memory deficit function best with a set routine that never changes. The staff at Marla Vista Memory Care strives to provide this. The community Activity Director is an experienced professional with many years of experience working with this patient group. Families are encouraged to bring furnishings, decor and pictures from home to surround residents with familiar items to make them feel safe.
Services and Amenities
Marla Vista Memory Care is conveniently located at 1016 N. Military Avenue, Green Bay, near shopping, banking, postal and other community services.
- A nurturing homelike environment
- Private studio apartments
- Secure, egressed safety doors
- Safety alarms
- Coded building entry and departure
- Enclosed outdoor activity area
- Attractive grounds with mature trees
- Professional assistance with activities of daily living (as needed)
- Three deliciously prepared daily meals but also flexed meals and snack times for those keeping unusual hours throughout the day or night
- RN one day per week and on call all other times
- Rooms tidied daily and cleaned weekly
- Weekly linen service
- Daily indoor exercise and walking
- Crafts, collage, and expression through art
- Friday Happy Hour
- Exercises and games to maintain the brain
- Reading aloud
- Aroma and touch therapy
- Music and pet therapy